I reckon the Radisson Blu Denarau is one of the best hotels you can stay at when you’re travelling to Fiji with little ones.
One of the most important things for single mums planning holidays with kids is to make it easy for yourself. Choose a location that’s simple to get to, is relaxed and offers Kids Club and entertainment so you get some time to rest and re-charge (and have a two for one cocktail).
If your objectives are to easily get to a lovely location for some rest/me-time in the sun, keep the kids entertained with a swimming pool and slide, and make sure they enjoy time in the Kids Club and with you, then this is the place to go.
1. It’s only 15 mins from the airport so it makes life very very easy as there’s no long journey once you get off the plane. You can organise a hotel transfer, however it’s quicker and cheaper to grab a taxi just outside the airport doors – make sure they use the metre.
2. It has an excellent Kids Club and does a wonderful torch lighting ceremony each night where the kids dress up as Fijian warriors. You can also employ nannies to mind the children, and kids are allowed into kids club with nannies if too young to be there alone.
3. The pools are perfect, and in my opinion places the Radisson above the other hotels on Denarau – the children’s pool is lagoon style with sand for digging, play areas and shade cloth overhead– oh so important when your children will want to spend hours in the pool. Swim under the bridge and you’re at the water slide. Hours and hours of fun. And there’s an adults only pool for enjoying quiet time.
4. The restaurants, spa and rooms are all fabulous. The bar does happy hour two for one cocktails, and the numerous restaurants are delish and reasonably priced - and they're all kid friendly.
5. Like all Fijian hotels, the staff is beautiful and caring, and look after your children lovingly.
6. The beach is not great, but when your kids are small they want to hang by the pool all day anyway - and that makes life easier.
7. It’s easy to get to, easy to relax at and the kids will love it.
Happy kids = happy mum = Radisson Blue Denarau