Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. We are unable to accept any booking unless you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. In completing, signing and submitting the Booking Form you agree to the bound by these conditions which constitute the agreement between Halpe Holidays, mumpack travel, our travel partners and yourself. In these Terms and Conditions, Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel means our staff, guides, officers, employees, agents, licensees and any other third parties or representatives and the land management authorities in which our holidays and tours are conducted.
1. Prices: All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only guaranteed when paid in full. Please note that prices quoted here are subject to change. Price changes may occur by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or service. Such factors include adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please contact Halpe Holidays or mumpack travel for up to date prices.
2. Refunds, Changes and Cancellation Fees: Cancellations and changes to bookings must be notified to Halpe Holidays or mumpack travel in writing. Cancelation fees apply as follows. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable, cancellation 6 months prior to departure incurs a cancellation fee of 65% of the total amount of the booking, and 90 days prior to travel the full cost of the holiday and tour is non-refundable and non-transferable. Changes made to international bookings incur an administration fee of $250 per change, changes made to Domestic bookings incur a fee of $100 per change. Airlines will charge additional fees for changes. Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel strongly recommends travel insurance is taken out at the time of booking to cover cancellations for unforeseen reasons.
3. Payments: Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel can only receive payments via Credit Card or Direct Deposit. All Credit Card payments will incur a 2% merchant fee. Your booking is not final until a deposit has been received. Additional payments must be meet according to the date and terms of Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel.
4. Taxes: Airline taxes are subject to change and are confirmed at the time your airline ticket is issued. There may also be a local tax charged at some airports.
5. Travel Bookings and Arrangements: Travel bookings for Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel trips are managed by Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel. We have referral partners for travel arrangements including flights not included in the Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel trips. Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel are only responsible for the arrangements as part of the Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel itinerary.
6. Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is compulsory for Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel trips. It is your responsibility to ensure your travel insurance has top medical and emergency evacuation cover. You must obtain a Product Disclosure Statement relating to the product and consider the statement before making any decision about whether to acquire the product. Travel Insurance is strongly recommended by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for all overseas travel. If you decline travel insurance you may be required to sign a disclaimer.
7. Agency: Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel acts as an agent for service travel providers internationally. Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel have no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty or representation regarding their standard. Bookings are made on your behalf subject to the terms and conditions imposed by these service providers. Your legal recourse is against the specific provider and not Halpe Holidays or mumpack travel. If for any reason, any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted your remedy lies against the provider and not Halpe Holidays or mumpack travel.
8. Liability: We do not accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased travel arrangements. We do not accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control and which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
9. Special Requirements: Please liaise with Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel regarding any special requirements you may have for your travel arrangements such as special meal and seating requests. We will relay this information to Travel operators either directly and/or other Travel operators in good faith.
10. Passports & Visas: It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements will be your sole responsibility. All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and many countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return. If you need information regarding visa and other travel document requirements for your trip please let us know. We can obtain such information from an external visa advisory service provider on your behalf. We do not warrant the accuracy of such information and accept no liability for any loss or damage which you may suffer in reliance on it. If you wish, we can obtain visas for you through this external service and fees will apply.
If your travel is to the United States please see https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov for information regarding compulsory pre-registration for their visa waiver program.
11. Travel Advice: For travel advice please contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or visit their website at www.smartraveller.gov.au
12. Health and Fitness: You must ensure that you are aware of any health requirements for your travel and ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation. Please check with your local doctor or specialist vaccination clinic. You must be in good health and physical condition for your chosen holiday and tour. We recommend you visit your GP for a check-up prior to your full payment.
13. Guides: In this condition, “guide” includes both the Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel guides and any other nominated person given at any time the task of leading or supervising any aspect of the holiday and tour. Guides may exclude you from participation on the trip if in their absolute discretion believe you should not participate in the trip due to health and fitness reasons. In addition, once a holiday and tour has commenced, the guide has the authority to stop your participation if you have committed an illegal act, or in the opinion of the guide your behaviour is causing or likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others, or your fitness or health is inadequate. In this case you will be directed by the guide to discontinue with the holiday and tour and you will not be entitled to any refund.
Guides have the right to change, at any time the tour if circumstances arise forcing a change to the itinerary for group safety, or travel interruption.
Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel have the right to change the guide leading and supporting the holiday and tour at any time up to departure.
14. Travel Documents: Travel documents include (without limitation) airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether in electronic form or otherwise) used to confirm an arrangement with a service provider. Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. Travel documents cannot be transferred to another person to use. All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport/photo identity holder. An incorrect name on a booking may result in an inability to use that booking and the booking being cancelled. Any errors in names, dates and timings on your documentation will be your responsibility if not advised at the time of booking.
15. Flight Policy: Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel recognises that there will be requests from clients to use either Frequent Flyer points or to organise their own flights to our travel destination. This policy has been devised to ensure that our trips run as smoothly as possible and that clients are also aware of flight requirements prior to paying their deposit for a trip.
For clients flying on the same airline and flight numbers as Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel, there will be no additional requirements.
For clients using a different or the same airline but on different flight numbers, they MUST arrive at the destination at least 24hours prior to the Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel group. Those clients choosing to travel through to the destination city MUST stay in the same hotel as Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel.
For those clients organising their own flights, Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel will not be responsible for costs associated with any flight delays and unforeseen circumstances which may arise.
Clients with their flight as part of the holiday package, should be aware that as it is a group booking changes to the flight itinerary and non Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel stop overs are not possible.
17. Acknowledgement of Risk:
This acknowledgment of risks applies to the holiday and tour that I undertake with Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel. In voluntarily participating in activities of Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel which are described to me by the Guide I am aware that my participation in the activities may expose me to hazards and risks that could lead to injury, illness or death or to loss of or damage to my property. I also acknowledge that I may encounter weather conditions that could lead to being in locations where evacuation for medical treatment may take hours. In many of the countries Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel visits, standards of accommodation ,transport, health care, hygiene, safety and service provision generally are often not as high as those standards in your country of residence and may require flexibility and patience on your part.
It is your responsibility to minimize risk to yourself by ensuring;
Each activity is within my recognized capabilities.
I have prepared for the activity carrying the recommended water, food and equipment for the activity.
I will advise Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel if I am taking any medication or have any physical or other limitations that might affect my participation in the activity.
I will ensure that if I am taking any medication I will have enough for the duration of the holiday and tour plus additional in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
I will make every effort to remain with the rest of the party during the holiday and tour.
I will advise the Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel Guide immediately of any concerns I am having during the holiday and tour.
I will comply with all reasonable instructions from the Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel Guide.
I will permit the Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel Guide to direct me in case of an emergency.
If I become unwell, I will notify a Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel Guide and together determine a cause of action.
I will not share any medication with another member of the trip and I will not accept any medications offered by others.
Release and discharge from all claims; To the extent permitted by law, I accept the inherent dangers and risks associated with this holiday and tour and I release, waive and discharge Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel from all claims, actions and loss for personal injury or death, property damage, loss of services, loss of profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise as they arise.
I have read and understand the above requirements. I have considered the risks before choosing to sign this acknowledgement of risk. I still wish to join the holiday and tour provided by Halpe Holidays and mumpack travel. I acknowledge that I will take responsibility for my own actions, and that signing the booking form and providing the payment for the holiday and tour will be deemed as full acceptance and understanding of the above conditions.